After much procrastination and lack of time, Godot is finally here. Maybe. I don't have much experience in game dev/actually using Godot... but I have lots of experience in programming - please use this and break it so I can fix it!
- Power manager is stubbed
- Joycon support is slightly incomplete
- Auto exposure shader is broken
A custom build of the Godot editor with Switch exporter support can be found here - this is not technically required, but is probably easier than editing the export template yourself. The source code can be found here if you want to help with development.
How do I release my game with this?
Switch exporter - it'll generate a .nro with your name/author etc and a .pck file with the game assets. Put both of these in a folder and it should show up properly in hbmenu when the folder is placed into /switch/.
Where can I get help?
Thanks, credits, etc
- Thanks to devkitPro / switchbrew for producing devkitA64/libnx.
- Extra special thanks to fincs from devkitPro - This port would have never been possible without their port of the open source nouveau graphics driver. You can support devkitPro on Patreon.
- cpasjuste for help with development.
- fhidalgosola/utnad for their port / help with development.
- Everyone who listened to my shouting into the void as nothing worked ever.